Featured Supervisors and available topics
These supervisors are among our most active contributors to the programme, they would like to supervise a DTP student in 2017.
These supervisors have received great feedback from our current students on their various contributions to the programme but have not yet been matched with a DTP student for a full research project. We therefore recommend them to you for particular consideration when you are thinking about what project you might wish to undertake with the DTP. They have been good enough to give some more specific examples of the types of projects you could carry out under their supervision.
Samar Khatiwala Department of Earth Sciences
As well as the Industrial CASE studentship Samar has advertised on the CASE page, current project ideas with Samar include:
Tonya Lander Department of Plant Sciences
As well as the CASE studentship Tonya has advertised on the CASE page, current project ideas with Tonya include:
Karen Aplin Department of Physics
Anu Dudhia Department of Physics
Anu has a CASE studentship advertised on the CASE page.
- Featured Supervisors and available topics
- The role of pollinators in plant species diversification in the Greater Cape Floristic Region, South Africa
- Improving yield and nutritional quality of legumes through managing soil biodiversity and pollination services – sustainable and nutritious legumes in India
- The origins of volcanic lightning
- Infra-red effects of atmospheric cluster-ions
- Toward a mechanistic understanding of glacial-interglacial cycles in atmospheric CO2
- Quantifying ocean heat and anthropogenic carbon uptake
- Constraining the Cycle of Natural and Anthropogenic Lead in the Ocean